Make-A-Soda Field Trip
$10 per student
Up to 10 free chaperones
This field trip is for groups of 20+ people with majority participants under 18 years old interested in making a bottle of soda and experiencing the Museum (ex: school groups, summer camps, scout troops, etc.).
What is included:
- Admission to both historic Museum buildings
- Guided tour lead by a Dr Pepper Museum Educator
- Make-A-Soda experience
- Free admission for up to 10 chaperones and 1 bus driver
- A can of Dr Pepper for each student and chaperone (max 70 cans)
- $10 per student
- Two hour program
- Maximum of 60 students, 10 free chaperones, and 1 free bus driver per tour
- Minimum of 20 students and 2 chaperones required to book
- Students/kids under the age of 18
- One chaperone per 10 students REQUIRED
- Free chaperone admission and General Admission do not include a Make-A-Soda bottle
- Tours take place at select times during normal operating hours and are subject to staff availability and seasonal restrictions
- If your group has fewer than 20 participants, you can still book the Make-A-Soda Field Trip, but you will be required to pay for 20 students
What to expect:
Designated bus parking is on 5th Street outside the Museum’s paid parking lot across 5th Street from the Museum (detailed information in the FAQs and in your confirmation email). Your Dr Pepper Museum Educator will meet you in the Courtyard to get your group checked in an oriented. In the first hour students will go on a guided tour of the Museum’s many exhibits and two historic buildings in chaperoned groups. In the second hour students will participate in a Make-A-Soda experience; guided by a Museum Educator, each student will create a unique soda and learning about the careers, creativity, science, and economics of the soft drink industry. Large groups will be split in half and rotate between the tour and Make-A-Soda program.
Chaperones and additional adults:
We offer free admission for up to 10 chaperones with your group, which includes teachers, staff, parents, and guardians. Additional adults will pay General Admission upon arrival. Free chaperone tickets and General Admission tickets do not include a Make-A-Soda bottle. Our expectation is that chaperones have accompanied the field trip to assist with the management of the group and facilitate the Make-A-Soda experience.
PLEASE NOTE: The space where we do the Make-A-Soda experience has a maximum capacity of 40 people per session. If your group size exceeds this number, additional adults will be asked to wait outside the space until the experience is over.
Late arrivals, refunds, and cancellations:
If your group is more than 15 minutes late your experience will be adjusted to fit within the scheduled time. If you are running late please notify us as soon as possible through the text line number below.
Cancellations are eligible for a full refund up to two days before the date of your tour. Please email email@example.com or text 254-294-2399 to cancel or reschedule your Make-A-Soda Field Trip.
70 people max – 60 students and 10 free chaperones