Make-A-Soda Field Trip
- $7 per person
- Two hour program
- Maximum of 90 students/kids per tour
- Minimum of 20 people total (18 kids + 2 chaperones) to book
- Students/kids under the age of 18
- One chaperone per 10 students
- Two chaperones required to book a field trip
- One hour self-guided visit to the Museum
- One hour Make-A-Soda program
- Can of Dr Pepper for each member of the group
- Field Trips take place at select times during normal operating hours and are subject to staff availability and seasonal restrictions
- If your group has fewer than 20 participants, you can still book the Field Trip, but you will be required to pay for 20 students and 2 chaperones
What is included:
- Admission to both historic Museum buildings
- A Dr Pepper Educator to greet you and provide you with a brief introduction about soda history, science, and economics
- A can of Dr Pepper for each student and chaperone
- Access to the free Chaperone Guide and Virtual Museum Tour
- An hour to explore the Museum with chaperones
What to expect:
Our most popular field trip, the Make-A-Soda Field Trip allows students to create an original soft drink. After being greeted by a Museum Educator, groups will have an hour to explore the Museum’s many exhibits and two historic buildings in chaperoned groups. In the second hour the group will participate in a Make-A-Soda experience; guided by a Museum Educator, each student will create a unique soda and learning about the careers, creativity, science, and economics of the soft drink industry. At the end of the program, each person will receive a can of Dr Pepper, either to enjoy in the Museum courtyard or take home as a souvenir.
This field trip is for groups of 20+ people with majority participants under 18 years old interested in making a bottle of soda and experiencing the Museum (ex: school groups, summer camps, scout troops, etc.). Museum Educators accommodate the Make-A-Soda program to meet the grade level and subject area indicated with registration.
Refunds and Cancellations
Cancellations are eligible for a full refund up to two days before the date of your tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 254-252-3985 to cancel or reschedule your Field Trip. If you are running late or have a question about your tour, please contact us using one of the methods above.