About the Dr Pepper Museum
Built in 1906 by architect Milton Scott, the Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company was the first building dedicated to the manufacturing of Dr Pepper. Creating a Dr Pepper Museum was the vision of a few devoted enthusiasts of both Dr Pepper and its history. The Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company became the Dr Pepper Museum in 1989. Today it is the Museum’s largest artifact and a tribute to the imagination and talent that fueled Dr Pepper’s success throughout the years.
The Dr Pepper Museum educates, inspires, and entertains by sharing the stories of Dr Pepper and the soft drink industry.
The Dr Pepper Museum is a recognized leader devoted to telling the story of Dr Pepper, the soft drink industry, and entrepreneurship by serving as a resource for learning through innovative, interactive, and inspiring programs.
The Dr Pepper Museum is committed to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion in our operations as expressed through our governance, programs, and exhibitions as we advance our mission and core values.
The Dr Pepper Museum includes the original 1906 bottling plant, the historic Kellum-Rotan building, a courtyard that connects the two buildings, and two dedicated parking lots. The Kellum-Rotan building was built in the 1880s, making it one of the oldest buildings remaining in downtown Waco. Both the Dr Pepper Museum and the Kellum-Rotan building are excellent examples of important American architecture and accurately preserved structures.
The Dr Pepper Museum holds one of the finest collections of soft drink memorabilia in the world. The items are not just Dr Pepper-related. All soft drink brands are welcome at the Dr Pepper Museum! From Pepsi-Cola to Kickapoo Joy Juice, the collections are a resource for information about the entire soft drink industry. The Dunagan Archives, soft drink related publications, audio-visual media, both the Dr Pepper Company and Dr Pepper Museum annals, and numerous original photographs are contained in the archival collections. The Dr Pepper Museum is frequently called upon to open the collections and archives to academic research, the motion picture and television industry, exhibition and graphic designers, and other museums making it a treasured public resource.
About Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper is a native of Waco, Texas, and the oldest major soft drink in America. It was created by Dr. Charles Alderton at the Old Corner Drug Store in 1885, predating Coca-Cola by one year. From “Vim, Vigor, and Vitality,” “Drink a Bite to Eat at 10, 2 and 4,” “I’m a Pepper” to “Just What the Doctor Ordered,” Dr Pepper’s slogans over the years have made it one of the most unique success stories of American free enterprise. The values of innovation and quality have consistently guided the Dr Pepper business, allowing this small, regional soft drink to attain international success without compromising the history that makes Dr Pepper so special. The Dr Pepper Museum is not owned or operated by Keurig Dr Pepper (the parent company of Dr Pepper) but is grateful for their continuing support.