The Museum is now accepting applications for a Visitor Experience Supervisor. The Visitor Experience Supervisor oversees operational support of the Museum’s programs including booking programs, maintaining supplies and inventory, facilitating a variety of programs, and other responsibilities related to the day-to-day operation of the Museum’s programs. The supervisor will assist in supervising Visitor Experience Specialist Presenters and volunteers. The position reports directly to the Educational Experience Manager and stands in for them in their absence.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education, museum studies, or related field is required.
- Supervision of staff, interns and volunteers.
- Management of large groups of children and adults.
- Speaking to large groups of children and adults.
- Work experience in Museum or Education field.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Calm, professional, respectful demeanor, and service-oriented focus when interacting with visitors, employees, vendors and volunteers.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Knowledge of modern teaching methodology is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial literacy and economics is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment and tact.
Special Abilities / Requirements
- Available to work Tuesday through Saturday and some holidays.
- Additional evening hours in accordance with the Museum’s special events, programs, and exhibits schedule.
- Facilitate experience, tour, and field trip programs.
- Inventory, organize, and purchase supplies.
- Ability to learn new history, science, and economics content.
- This position requires a moderate amount of physical exertion including, but not limited to moving carts, picking up/lifting stools and benches, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid Texas driver license
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Compensation / Benefits
- Full time, non-exempt position
- Up to 40 hours a week
- $17 per hour
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: [email protected] No calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org