The Museum is accepting applications for the position of Visitor Experience Specialist – Presenter. Under the direction of the Educational Experience Manager, this team member is responsible for providing a “one of a kind experience” to the Museum’s 170,000+ annual visitors. This position is responsible for providing engaging, memorable experiences for all visitors to the Museum.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Must be able to engage visitors to create a positive experience.
- Must possess warm, outgoing and professional public presence.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large and small groups of people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Must be courteous and helpful at all times with visitors and co-workers.
- Willingness to learn and lead experience, tour, and fieldtrip programs.
- Sell products related to programming using the Museum’s point-of-sale (POS) software system.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Focused, organized, and flexible. Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgement and tact.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Museum team.
- Maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful and responsive service in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Must be willing to take on other tasks as assigned.
Special Abilities / Requirements
- Available to work most weekends. Some weekday scheduling available.
- Additional evening hours in accordance with the Museum’s special events, programs, and exhibits schedule.
- Facilitate experience, tour, and field trip programs.
- This position requires a moderate amount of physical exertion including, but not limited to moving carts, picking up/lifting stools and benches, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid Texas driver license
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Compensation / Benefits
- Part time, non-exempt position
- Up to 20 hours per week
- $13 per hour
How to Apply
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: [email protected] . No calls, please.