The Museum is accepting applications for the position of Visitor Experience Specialist – Host. Under the direction of the Director of Communications, this team member is responsible for providing a “one of a kind experience” to the Museum’s 170,000+ annual visitors. This position is the first point of contact for all visitors to the Museum.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful and responsive service in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Must be able to engage visitors to create a positive experience.
- Must possess warm, outgoing and professional public presence.
- Must have previous sales and customer service experience.
- Must be courteous and helpful at all times with visitors and co-workers.
- Track visitor attendance using the Museum’s point-of-sale (POS) software system.
- Must meet monthly goals for promotion of the Museum’s 10-2-4 Challenge Grant by successfully requesting contributions from visitors.
- Must meet monthly goals for promotion of the Museum’s Membership Program by requesting contributions from visitors.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Museum team.
- Immediate knowledge of Waco area attractions and amenities.
- Must be willing to take on other tasks as assigned.
Special Abilities / Requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with POS cashier software
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a current, valid Texas driver license
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Compensation / Benefits
- Part time, non-exempt position
- 10-25 hours per week
- $13 per hour
- Monetary-based incentives for meeting 10-2-4 Challenge Grant and Museum Program goals
- Additional hours working after-hours rentals when available
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: [email protected]. No calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com