Home of the Nation's oldest major soft drink - Dr Pepper!
Are you someone who is looking for a fun, unique job experience? Are you someone who enjoys interacting with people from various places, has an outgoing personality, and enjoys providing a fun, interactive, and welcoming environment?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then the Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute (DPMFEI) is just the place for you!
The DPMFEI welcomes applications for the part-time position of Visitor Services Associate – Soda Jerk! This team member will work under the supervision of the Director of Retail and Retail General Manager, with an emphasis on food service inside the Dr Pepper Museum Soda Fountain.
Job requirements include:
- Interacting and assisting visitors from across county, state, and national lines
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Taking and fulfilling visitor orders
- Maintaining a clean, friendly, and professional work environment
These skills will give candidates an edge over the competition:
- Willingness to learn and communicate classic soda fountain lingo
- Performance experience including acting and signing
- Passion for performing in front of live audiences
- Comfortable portraying a role or character to create an immersive experience
This position is available for no fewer than 12 and no more than 32 hours per week with exceptions granted occasionally due to the needs of the DPMFEI.
Weekend availability is a must, with flexible weekday scheduling available. Minimum of $10 per hour with excellent tip opportunities available.
Good candidates should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic cash handling and POS knowledge
- Basic food handling and safety knowledge
- A willingness to learn the history of the Museum and the surrounding Waco, TX area
Background checks are required. An ability to stand for long hours and lift objects up to 50 pounds is also required. Application reviews will begin immediately. Please send a completed application, resume, and at least two professional references with their contact information to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com