The Museum is accepting applications for the position of Development & Communications Coordinator. Under the direction of the Director of Development & Communications, this team member will coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Communications department and support one-time and ongoing projects.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Contributes to a positive and professional work environment. Presents a positive and professional image and acts as an excellent goodwill ambassador for the Museum.
- Performs general administrative duties including but not limited to assisting in managing Communication Department workflow including mailings, meeting materials, office supply requests, and document circulation for internal review; scheduling Senior staff, Committee, and Board meetings and arranging refreshments and meals as needed for meetings, coordinating the calendar for donor and department recognition and acknowledgments; making arrangements for acknowledging celebratory/consolatory occasions; coordinating monthly department birthday celebrations.
- Assists the Director of Development & Communications with daily tasks in support of Memberships and Development.
- Coordinates and facilities rentals utilizing the Museum’s meeting and experience spaces.
- Serves as backup Host and Presenter to all experiences, tours, and admissions shifts. Fulfills role of KR Host as needed on busy days, weekends, and holidays.
- Assists Museum and Enterprise staff with money handling duties as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple calendars, schedules, projects, and deadlines – excellent organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Museum team.
- Knowledge of Waco area attractions and amenities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Special Abilities / Requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must be available to work most holidays and weekends during busy seasons
- This position requires a moderate amount of physical exertion including, but not limited to carrying boxes, picking up/lifting signs, etc.
- The Dr Pepper Museum requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees have up to 60 days after their date of hire to complete their vaccination process.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a current, valid Texas driver license
Compensation / Benefits
- Full time position.
- 40 hours per week
- $13 per hour
- Occasional overtime hours allowed
- Eligible for full benefits
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: [email protected].