This position provides direct support and assistance to the Director of Finance (the Director). This position also serves as the liaison between the Director and staff, outside vendors and other organizations. This individual will manage daily financial, accounting and human resources tasks. This position is full-time which reports to the Director and qualifies for benefits and overtime pay.
- Bookkeeping / Accounting
- Post entries to the general ledger, assuring accurate input and coding of all transactions.
- Help maintain the chart of accounts.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the general ledger and perform related journal entries.
- Perform entire accounts payable function
- Balance intercompany accounts.
- Perform monthly and yearly financial closing entries
- Maintain system of historical financial records for research and reference.
- Conduct daily banking transactions.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance with federal, state, and local financial accounting regulation.
- Analyze month-end financial statements for reasonableness.
- Assist Director in managing external year-end and vendor auditors and tax preparers.
- Assist Director in the preparation of reports for all Board and Finance Committee Meetings.
- Assist Director in developing bookkeeping / accounting policy and procedure.
- Assist Director in establishing and maintaining the Museum’s system of internal controls.
- Perform a number of administrative duties as assigned.
- Human Resources
- Process all new employee onboarding in both personnel and payroll systems
- Process all terminated employee offboarding in both personnel and payroll systems.
- Review and prepare 3rd party payroll reports for further processing.
- Maintain and secure all employee personnel files and information with discretion.
- Assist the Director in assigning all employee training.
- Assist the Director in maintaining the Museum’s employee handbook.
- Assist the Director in developing and maintaining human resource related policy and procedure.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance with federal, state, and local human resource regulation.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Minimum 3 years accounting / bookkeeping experience required.
- Accounting degree or similar field of study preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Ability to use accounting software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software, Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator and other related office equipment.
- General knowledge of administrative and clerical duties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely well-developed attention to detail, specifically in dealing with the accuracy of numbers.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to find new ways to promote efficiency.
- The Dr Pepper Museum requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees have up to 60 days after their date of hire to complete their vaccination process.
Compensation / Benefits
- Full-time, non-exempt position.
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with occasionally required weekends.
- $18.00 per hour.
- Occasional overtime hours allowed by discretion of the Director.
- Benefits include the opportunity for the following coverages:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Basic group term life insurance
- Voluntarily added term life insurance
- Paid time leave / Holiday leave
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com